Re: [opensuse] Question re why part of a magazine article does not print
On 04/08/18 20:10, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 31/07/18 19:34, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Le 31/07/2018 à 10:48, gumb a écrit :

I don't have a solution. I can only confirm that the same happens if I

on some pages, there is a "pretty print" option on Firefox

example here

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/economie/emploi/usine-hydrolienne-a-peine-ouverte-deja-fermee_2872613.html#xtor=EPR-2-[newsletterquotidienne]-20180731-[lesimages/image3]

the option is a small icon (book) on the right of the url bar

Y-E-S-S-S!

THANK you, jdd, this did the trick! :-) I can now print the article. BUT, the Table at the beginning of the article does not print out. However, this is not a problem as I printed it out by capturing it first as a *.png file and printing that out. And then there is the way how Linda printed that first page (in Landscape mode).

But not I have another small 'hassle' :-(: I don't know where the size of the font comes from but the font used during printing is quite large -- almost double the size of the font seen in this post -- and I need to make it smaller to use less paper when printing that article.

SOLVED! re the size of font.

I posted the above in a hurry, in a hurry to repond to my wife's call to stop fooling around on the computer and to come and watch a movie on the TV :-) and therefore didn't get the chance to do some exploring re the options one gets when that icon-thingie is activated. Well, I was able to do this just a short time ago and found that the option is there, staring me in the face and is located in that menu on the left-hand in that narrow column. Not only can one change the size of the font but also the width of the printed text (by adjusting the '><').

And so, thanks once again jdd for telling me/us about that lill book-looking icon in the URL field of FF.

I dunno when and why this option appears

As long as it appears to be able to print web pages such as the ones containing that article re the VPNs I don't care what makes that little "icon" appear :-).

BC

BC

--
There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take
the bull by the tail and face the situation.