Re: [opensuse] How to add a second openSUSE install to an EFI machine?
Le 04/08/2018 à 15:35, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

Ok,

now I have an EFI laptop that successfully boots Windows and Linux freshly
installed (leap 15.0)

Now I also want to copy another openSUSE install from an external backup
to the internal disk (using rsync). I have no issues with root and home,
but I do not know how to handle the EFI partition.

Because both openSUSE installs use the same dirs and files in EFI...

Ideas?

yes, this is a real question. A new openSUSE install erase the old one.

so what one need is to save the present install. For example copy the efi/opensuse folder for, as example, efi/leap15CER, and add a nvram entry with efibootmgr to this new folder. I don't remember exactly how, but I already did.

Test the result: you should have two menu entries for the same install.

then make your new install. It will substitute the old entry with the new, but you have still the newly created one to boot.

that said I dunno how it works to recover a backup :-(

jdd

--
http://dodin.org