Re: [opensuse] How to add a second openSUSE install to an EFI machine?

Отправлено с iPhone

4 авг. 2018 г., в 16:35, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
написал(а):

Ok,

now I have an EFI laptop that successfully boots Windows and Linux freshly
installed (leap 15.0)

Now I also want to copy another openSUSE install from an external backup to
the internal disk (using rsync). I have no issues with root and home, but I
do not know how to handle the EFI partition.

Because both openSUSE installs use the same dirs and files in EFI...

Ideas?

After openSUSE is installed, you can change directory by setting
GRUB_DUSTRIBUTOR in /etc/default/grub; the first word will be used as directory
name on ESP. Unfortunately, YaST setting was removed, so it is challenging to
do during installation. Check archives, it was discussed recently, I think on
yast-devel. IIRC the only option is to switch to terminal before final stage
and manually edit file on root. Or you can rename existing installation in
advance - this is probably easier and makes sure it won’t accidentally conflict
with future installs.