Re: [opensuse] LXDE overwrites keyboard in Leap 15.0
On 08/02/18 21:20, Dave Howorth wrote:
Just to update this. It seems for sure that it is LXDE that is
overwriting my keyboard setting when it starts up. If there's anybody
else that uses LXDE on Leap 15.0 I'd be grateful if they could confirm
this in the bug. Choose anything other than a US keyboard layout
(pc105) in YaST, reboot and check what keyboard you have after logging
in again.

I'm aware that there is an optional keyboard management component that
I could load into my lxpanel in order to change my keyboard layout, but
that's not what I want. I just want LXDE to leave my existing choice of
keyboard alone, exactly as I've set it for the whole machine.

I couldn't find another way than using the IBus settings in the panel.

It would be great if that tool would default to use the same keyboard
than the one selected during installation. I added my info to the bug.
Let's hope this gets fixed because it breaks OpenSUSE for anyone who
uses LXDE and doesn't have an US English keyboard.

Regards,

http://blog.pdark.de/