Re: [opensuse] no more mp4 (html5) reading on leap 42.3 browsers
On 2018-08-01 14:00, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [08-01-18 05:16]:
On 2018-08-01 08:00, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Le 31/07/2018 à 22:03, Richmond a écrit :
I see you have solved the problem but I wanted to mention that
google-chrome plays the videos OK. I use google-chrome when I can't play
videos with other browsers, and so avoid having packman with its
conflicts etc. I guess google-chrome brings whatever codecs it needs
with it.

may be, but I try to avoid google when I can. Google is a great search
engine, but I'ts better not have all his eggs in the same basket :-)

I use Google Chrome only on some sites where FF doesn't work, because a
"commercial" browser has a greater chance. On some commercial sites.

For instance: <http://play.cadenaser.com/>

It is radio station. I hit "Escuchar ahora" (play now) on firefox and it
does simply nothing. The button at the top.

Today I notice that there is some kind of float at the bottom with a
[>]/[||] (play/pause) button that does work after hitting it twice.

In Chrome, I first get a popup asking for my location to choose which
transmitter. Like the one for my city or another one. And when clicking
the main button at the top it starts a _video_ commercial, and after it,
the radio starts on the float player.

MozillaFirefox-61.0.1-1.1.x86_64

Carlos, I tried from here, Indiana, and I get a popup which I close,
select "Eschuchar ahora" and at the bottom of the page there is an overlay
which shows the volume control and pause/play, ||/> symbols. clicking
twice on "||" makes it play. tried several times, sometimes have to
select "Eschuchar ahora" twice.

Yes, same here. Except that the button at the top doesn't work.

Last time I tried was two weeks ago and I the overlay below, the one you
clicked, was not visible. They changed things now and then, must be bored.

Years ago I simply used VLC with an stored URL.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.