Re: [opensuse] CANBus experience
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 12:46:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday, 2018-06-30 at 12:24 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:

On 25/06/18 12:58, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
Anyone using a CANBus card with openSUSE? We will soon have a MobilEye
device that we want to test integrating with our system. And it speaks
CANBus. We are on our own to provide the CANBus card. So something
that is known to play nice with Linux/openSUSE is what we are looking
for. So any suggestions or experiences are welcome.

A canbus is based on rs232 at least in the microcontrolers I use it is.
There are level shifting devices that work with usb that are available.
Don't know about software that's available though.

Let me try to understand. The card you people are talking about is a card for the computer, not for the car, and allows a computer to at least read what goes on the car's CAN bus, right?

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus>

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.