Re: [opensuse] Adobe Reader no longer works - 15.0
* don fisher <hdf3@xxxxxxxxxxx> [06-29-18 15:11]:
On 06/29/2018 01:27 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-06-29 04:45, don fisher wrote:
On 06/28/2018 07:25 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
grep LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr//lib/Adobe/Reader9/bin/acroread

Thanks. It did not appear to work for me an my ldd showed all those
libraies as not found. Could it be because I use tcsh?

Dunno. The acroread script uses plain "sh", it says. It should load the
interpreter it needs regardless of your default one.

I noticed that the crucial email from Joerg Kuehne does not appear to be on
the list. My browser caches all emails, and I think I have all of them back
to 2015. I did a search on this list and could find no emails with Joerg
Kuehne as sender. Is he posting to another list?

opensuse leap 42.1: javafx support - openSUSE Mailinglist
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-de/2016-01/msg00117.html
Translate this page
opensuse leap 42.1: javafx support. From: "Jörg Kühne"
<joerg.kuehne@xxxxxxx>; Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 20:12:02 +0100; Message-id: ...

Re: Fw: opensuse 13.2 systemwiederherstellung
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-de/2015-05/msg00191.html
Translate this page
May 14, 2015 - "Jörg Kühne" schrieb: Hallo OpenSuse-Liste Gibt es sowas
wie eine Systemwiederherstellung im aktuellen OpenSuse? Gruess Joerg.
Snapper ...

notice the "Translate this page" text. he is posting one the German lists
it appears. so you would not find him on the english lists.

but he has posted somewhere I subscribe since I have his name and addr in
my lbdb. but I do not have the post archived.

Is there a way to contact him to find out if he is pursuing the problem with the libraries any further, and/or filing a bug report. I downloaded the relevant library sources with the debug packages that I could find. I was going to build the two libraries to have the relevant symbol tables available and run them under gdb to determine what the error is. I used to have to do this kind of stuff all the time when I worked for a company that did systems integration. But that has been almost 10 years ago so the wake up will not be easy, or necessary if Joerg has already taken the necessary steps.

Don