Re: [opensuse] Boot problem after latest TW dup
  • From: "Knurpht@openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 15:19:10 +0200
Op vrijdag 29 juni 2018 14:51:31 CEST schreef Ken Schneider - openSUSE:
Old HP computer so possible hardware issues.

I had issues during the dup to 20180628 and need to use the rescue
system to repair grub. I cannot find an email I had with steps including
'bind -o' in them so if some kind soul could sent the procedure I would
appreciate it. I've already repaired the filesystem but need to repair
grub as well.

Many thanks.
Boot from an install medium, escape to a console by Ctrl-Alt-F2
In the bit below replace sdX# by the /dev/sdX# entry where your root fs is
located, f.e. /dev/sda2

Then do:
mount /dev/sdX# /mnt
mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev