Re: [opensuse] Combined wifi bluetooth RTL8723DE on an HP 15 laptop has bluetooth only.

On 29/06/18 09:24, Adam Majer wrote:
On 06/29/2018 08:55 AM, Dave Plater wrote:
I saw the firmware file, I'm still trying to work out how to install it.
I suppose my next step should be a kernel from kernel head and to file a
bug.

This file is part of kernel-firmware-20180416-lp150.1.4.noarch. You
install the package and the kernel *driver* will use it. If this doesn't
work, then it's a bug.

If you have a laptop that doesn't work with Leap 15 kernel, then file a
bug report.

It is also nice if you actually report things that don't work instead of
"it doesn't work" and "I'm lost". First thing to report would be lcpci
-v output for your device. And if you are stuck with compiler errors,
then at least post (some of) them to at least raise interest?

Good luck,
- Adam

I have already made text files of dmidecode, hwinfo and
lsusb -vd 0bda:b009 in preparation for a bug report but asking if anyone else has had this experience is useful. I must still find out if the latest stable kernel fixes the problem then the fix can be backported to Leap.
kernel-firmware-20180416-lp150.1.4.noarch is installed, that's where /lib/firmware/rtlwifi/rtl8723defw.bin comes from.
Dave P