Re: [opensuse] Adobe Reader no longer works - 15.0 - notes
On 2018-06-28 00:26, don fisher wrote:
On 06/04/2018 05:44 PM, James Knott wrote:
Since installing Leap 15.0, I now see Adobe Reader no longer works.

Has anybody made any progress since this thread was initiated? I looked
ant the binary that is finally loaded and found:

I just got acroread running in 15.0. You need to install the 32 bit
patterns, and you need to copy some /usr/lib libraries from 42.3 into
/usr/lib/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib. Thanks
Joerg Kuehne for this finding :-)

You need:

/usr/lib/libxcb.so.1
/usr/lib/libxcb.so.1.1.0
/usr/lib/libpcre.so.1
/usr/lib/libpcre.so.1.2.7

Maybe librsvg

Caveats: acroread does not exit (the window closes, the process
remains), has to be killed 9.

Sample signed pdf file (thanks Bengt Gördén):

https://blogs.adobe.com/security/SampleSignedPDFDocument.pdf

Sample PDF Form file (thanks jdd):

<https://ncloud.zaclys.com/index.php/s/zqrxQ37WF3NfnKb>

(vide-cerfa_13754-02.pdf)

*pdfsig*, a CLI, can verify signatures. It is in package poppler-tools.

Alternative proprietary but gratis readers:

*Foxit* for Linux

Doesn't display the signature data.

Appears to display *some* forms correctly. It does *not* display the
sample form vide-cerfa_13754-02.pdf that jdd provided in

*pdfstudioviewer*

<https://www.qoppa.com/pdfstudioviewer/>
There is a reader gratis version.

It is a java program, comes with its own JRE.

It does display signature info :-)
In each field (of the signature) I can right click and select "details",
and this info is indeed detailed.
It seems possible to import root certificates.

It loads *some* forms correctly, but not vide-cerfa_13754-02.pdf. First
issue is that the form uses javascript, gives a security warning in the
reader. If accepted then gives an error: "Unable to open document as it
is a Livecycle Dynamic XFA form".

Finally, it can also take photos of the document (PNG file or clipboard).

It is a very good viewer, except for certain forms.

*master PDF editor*
<https://code-industry.net/get-masterpdfeditor/>
<https://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.x86_64.rpm>

Does open vide-cerfa_13754-02.pdf.
Buttons work (requires javscript support)
It does have some problems displaying the letters inside the boxes as I
type.
It is an *editor*, not a reader.

It can place signatures, but not in the free version.

I do not see how to view signature data. Doesn't even say that the file
is signed.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.