[opensuse] Who do we dare reply to... Was: weird error
On 06/27/2018 01:28 AM, L A Walsh wrote:
p.s. -- if you want me to see what you wrote in reasonable
time frame, please make sure to send a copy to me as well
as to the list.  Copies to the list go to a list mailbox, while copies to me
go to a more personal
mailbox which gets seen
more often.  List mailboxes may not get seen for weeks
and sometimes large numbers of messages are skipped over when
I get back to them.  It depends on how much extra time I have.
When busy, such a system enables me to prioritize communications.

Which (reply to sender) is STILL the list default, I believe. (After all these
years).

But making a habit of that that will get you several nastygrams from people
insisting they
want only the list copy, and you have to remember each person's preference.

I add a filter to my MUA on the body of message, if it mentions my name, then
it flags the message.