Re: [opensuse] Cups compatibility
On 2018-06-27 15:25, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 27/06/18 05:57 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Now, what email file do you want me to try?

I saved your email to file from Yhunderbird, then printed it:

cer@Telcontar:~> file \[opensuse\]\ Cups\ compatibility.eml
[opensuse] Cups compatibility.eml: SMTP mail, ASCII text, with CRLF line
terminators
cer@Telcontar:~> lpr \[opensuse\]\ Cups\ compatibility.eml
cer@Telcontar:~>

Worked fine, except that some lines are too long, and that it printed
all the headers. It was handled as text.

yes I've seen that in my own experimentation and its WRONG.

If you print an email message from within thunderbird using the regular GUI
print dialogue you don't get the SMTP format.

As it stands the print system is NOT recognising this .eml file as other than
text.

Why should it? EML is a thunderbird invention, Alpine doesn't do it.

But I'm almost sure that you can add an automatic filter of your choice
to cups.

Yes, and it is documented:

<https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Using_Your_Own_Filters_to_Print_with_CUPS>

--