Re: [opensuse] mozilla-nss update
On Wed, 27 Jun 2018 15:00:27 +0930
Simon Lees <sflees@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 26/06/18 23:46, Dave Howorth wrote:
I just went to YaST Online Update and see a bunch of updates
available. When I click on Accept, a box pops up advising me that
an update to mozilla-nss has also been changed to resolve
dependencies. I have 3.36.1-47.1 and it wants to install
3.36.4-50.1.

What I can't find is how to see what dependency would be broken, or
why this update is only listed as an 'automatic' one and not in the
list of available updates, so I can't see what problems it is
supposed to fix.

How can I access that information?

So from a basic guess, I can confirm that the Firefox update is what
requires the updated version of mozilla-nss, from general knowledge I
can also tell you that the update will just have updated security
certificates etc.

Thanks. I have Firefox updates tabooed, so why does it need to update
mozilla-nss for dependencies? The other nss components in the firefox
update list with the same possible version transition are marked as
'keep', so I worry that upgrading just one would break dependencies
rather than preserve them.

But again, is there a way to access this information that doesn't
involve a magical pronunciation from on high?