Re: [opensuse] Cups compatibility

Am 26.06.2018 um 15:39 schrieb Darryl Gregorash:
On 2018-06-25 09:02 AM, Simon Becherer wrote:
somewhere between my updates the standard behavior
of cups has also changed:

from sending postscript to sending pdf
Might this be the reason why the Brother driver for my DCP-7040 stopped
working in Leap 15.0? It was working OK in 42.1. Now, CUPS says it has
sent the data to the printer, but there is no response at the printer.

socket://192.168.0.11:35/?version=1.1
if it is a old network printer its the (missing) version string who cause this
problem.
(i have had similar situation sending data, but nothing happends,
but between other opensuse versions)

if your printer did not understand pdf (because its old)
check if there are new ppd out there for the pdf to ps
problem. and/or, as explained from john andersen, try change the
settings to send send raw data

simoN

--
www.becherer.de