Re: [opensuse] Attempting to boot Windows 10 from an external disk
On 2018-06-26 09:29, David C. Rankin wrote:
Maybe somebody on the list is already doing something like that. Now you
have me interested in how it could work...

I found two links.

<https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-external-drive/>

How to move Windows 10 to an external hard drive

They simply use Clonezilla installed on an auxiliary flash disk (booted
with TuxBoot) to clone the existing internal disk with Windows to an
external hard disk, nothing extra. But my case is different: I
physically moved the disk.

<https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/install-windows-10-on-external-hard-drive.html>

Apparently what they do is partition the destination external disk in
advance, with "EaseUS Partition Master free", then use "diskpart", then
do something with "dism.exe" that I do not understand with
"f:\sources\install.wim" and finally with bcdboot. I think that what
they are doing is create a Windows on the go disk.

So it may be possible, but I need to ask friendly Windows experts somewhere.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.