Re: [opensuse] Attempting to boot Windows 10 from an external disk
David C. Rankin composed on 2018-06-25 16:15 (UTC-0500):

Windows (and it's system partition) must be the first thing

IME this has never been true. Until very roughly 10 years years ago, I never put
Windows on sda1. The only reason I switched to using sda1 for it is that any
other primary is a larger size in sectors than a nominally identical logical.
When it's on sda1, it can be cloned to an identical size logical as a simple
backup.

on the *primary
drive*.
Win10 here gets only 400MB at the front of sda for its boot files. Its system
and data partitions go on logicals, following the most important Linux and/or
DOS partitions.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/