[opensuse] Re: Attempting to boot Windows 10 from an external disk
On 2018-06-25 23:15, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 06/25/2018 06:16 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
It is not that important to boot Windows, but as I have it, it would be
nice to have double boot. There is one setting that I apparently can
only adjust on Windows, the battery charge limit.

Ideas?

Windows (and it's system partition) must be the first thing on the *primary
drive*. I doubt you will ever be able to boot directly from a USB (without
quite a bit of fancy boot magic and trickery).

That's what I hopped, that somebody knows the magic. People that only
use Windows will never put Linux in the mix and even less as main
system, so they will not know. That's why I asked here and not "there".

I dual-boot W10 and Leap by virtue of having 2 SSD in the laptop so Win10
remains the primary and I just tap the bios and tell it to boot from HD2 to
boot leap (with 5 hours added to the sysclock in between)

If you don't find a solution, then make sure you shuffle the W10 drive back in
at least once a month (about mid-month) to make sure you keep it current.

No, I either boot windows on that usb enclosure, or never. I'm not going
to shuffle the disks back and forth, too much stress for the laptop.

I have the main laptop that doubles boot (single disk), and a virtual
machine with W10. That's enough.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.