[opensuse] Re: Attempting to boot Windows 10 from an external disk
On 06/25/2018 06:16 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
It is not that important to boot Windows, but as I have it, it would be
nice to have double boot. There is one setting that I apparently can
only adjust on Windows, the battery charge limit.

Ideas?

Windows (and it's system partition) must be the first thing on the *primary
drive*. I doubt you will ever be able to boot directly from a USB (without
quite a bit of fancy boot magic and trickery).

I dual-boot W10 and Leap by virtue of having 2 SSD in the laptop so Win10
remains the primary and I just tap the bios and tell it to boot from HD2 to
boot leap (with 5 hours added to the sysclock in between)

If you don't find a solution, then make sure you shuffle the W10 drive back in
at least once a month (about mid-month) to make sure you keep it current.

You can do a lot with Win10, so it is worth playing with, but once you are
used to a separate copy and select buffer -- there is no going back....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.