Re: [opensuse] Cups compatibility
Hi,

Am 25.06.2018 um 14:42 schrieb Ansgar Esztermann-Kirchner:
Hello List,

having recently upgraded by 42.3 machine to Leap 15, I've noticed my
cups client does not talk to the (ancient) server anymore.

1)
have you taken a look inside the release notes of leap 15?

===
2)

then maybe (my ancient printers where from update opensuse 11.4 cups 1.4.6
to tumbleweed (one year in past, now it is 2.3b4) not working anymore.
i have read:

localhost:631/help/network.html

and from this info, my string for the socket of my printers (not a
real printerserver) has to include the cups version:

socket://192.168.0.11:35/?version=1.1
before:
socket://192.168.0.11:35
(/etc/cups/printers.conf) -> DeviceURI

so maybe something similar for your problem.

hope this helps.

==
3)
if not...if not try to google cups changelog

simoN
--
www.becherer.de