Re: [opensuse] weird error on opensuse site following an advert: new encryption only on suse?
On 06/23/2018 11:16 PM, L A Walsh wrote:
I followed an opensuse advert for selling data storage for
body-cams to police.

It went through some redirects on google, then went to www.suse.com, where I
prompt got some weird error I can't reproduce because google is
serving up a different advert, and I don't know the URL because
google encrypts the SSL stream (recently upgraded my squid and have
yet to pop in a new local cert to decode it).

I agree with your frustrations, while security is a good thing, when it
hinders instead of helps people access information, then somewhere we have put
the "cart before the horse".

After watching the thread I decided to test with FF, and had no problems, but
was surprised to see the On Again/Off Again relationship with M$ appears
definitely back on, e.g.

http://paste.opensuse.org/27577090

Though, as opposed to a decade ago, M$ has done quite a number of good things
with open-source, especially with Satya Nadella at the helm. (though that
doesn't mean it's time to avert the close eye you have been keeping on the
relationship)

Ah, but I digress. Either the suse.com has received some TLC in the past 24
hours, or I was lucky enough to avoid the problem (though I have javascript
blocked with NoScript and Ublock-Origin preventing the other half of the mix.)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.