[opensuse] weird error on opensuse site following an advert: new encryption only on suse?
I followed an opensuse advert for selling data storage for
body-cams to police.

It went through some redirects on google, then went to www.suse.com, where I
prompt got some weird error I can't reproduce because google is
serving up a different advert, and I don't know the URL because
google encrypts the SSL stream (recently upgraded my squid and have
yet to pop in a new local cert to decode it).

This is a perfect reason why I hate needless encrypting of webpages -- as
now I can't even find the URL I was on let alone reproduce the problem from
it.

However, I get a different but similar error if I try to goto the website directly.

The connection was interrupted

The connection to www.suse.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Pale Moon is permitted to access the Web.

-----
Before, when I got the error, in my proxy log I got:

+5.86 0ms; 0 (0/-) NONE/000 <Athenae [NONE error:transaction-end-before-headers - - -]
+0.00 0ms; 0 (-/-) NONE/000 <Athenae [NONE error:transaction-end-before-headers - - -]
+11.37 2038ms; 39 (3.0/19.0) TUNNEL/200 <Athenae [CONNECT www.suse.com:443 - 130.57.66.10 -]
+34.72 2044ms; 39 (1.0/19.0) TUNNEL/200 <Athenae [CONNECT www.suse.com:443 - 130.57.66.10 -]

---
After most of the suse connects, I see the weird message in my squidlog
that I've never seen before "error:transaction-end-before-headers"...

I get the same message going to the opensuse network forums webpage.

I have a feeling it has to do with the new encryption as I'm using an older browser by default

So far, opensuse is the first site that I've hit this on. I know it isn't
the proxy, as it opens in another (newer browser (opera)).

So the claim is that open suse is doing this because google is forcing it.

Then why am I not having the same problem with other web pages -- including
google?

This new encryption (if that's what it is and if it was done right) seems
to be only present on opensuse systems at this point (maybe more will pop
up later). But the part I find to be the most strange is that the sites
that the ad was on, had no problem, I have no problems any google site (youtube,
plus, etc). Just suse.com and opensuse.org.

I don't have the problem on download.opensuse.org (which defaults to
http for me), nor the https version used on that site.

So why is opensuse causing problems for some browsers, but no one else
seems to be (including download site)?

Ideas?