Re: [opensuse] Baffled by shell script
On 06/23/2018 10:58 PM, Joseph Comfort wrote:

what type file is it? 'file /usr/local/ED-159/edc'
My guess is an unsupported binary type, or it's an script which is missing
the
interpreter (like your script with '#!/bin/sh', when there is no /bin/sh)

The file is a binary, compiled from C code. The first few binary
characters are: <7f>ELF<01> ... It was built in 2000, and has worked ever
since. I tried once to recompile it, but conventions had changed for some
of the C code and it failed. I suppose that, by now, some conflicts with
system libraries may have crept in, although I hope not.

Try:

ldd /usr/local/ED-159/edc

Chances are it's an x86 binary but you didn't install the 32bit libraries,
e.g. glibc-32bit and friends.

Have a nice day,
Berny