Re: [opensuse] Network manager does not restore same connection
On 06/23/2018 12:19 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
I have two eth network configurations: one automatic, which is the
default one, and one fixed, in which I define the address and other
things. I'm using "Fixed", but if I hibernate and restore I get "wired
connection 1", ie dhcp.
How does NetworkManager chose a network connection? is there a default?
I.e. is the default to pick a wireless for instance?

With WiFi and Ethernet connections, there is a "cost" metric, where WiFi
is considered more expensive than Ethernet, so WiFi would not be used if
both connect to the same network.  However, this is different from
multiple Ethernet connections.  There should be only one default,
normally DHCP.  On my computer, DHCP is the default and I have to
manually select any static config I wish to use.