Re: [opensuse] Network manager does not restore same connection
On 06/21/2018 04:42 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi,

On return from hibernation, Network Manager doesn't restore the same
connection that was active.

I have two eth network configurations: one automatic, which is the
default one, and one fixed, in which I define the address and other
things. I'm using "Fixed", but if I hibernate and restore I get "wired
connection 1", ie dhcp.

I'm going to the undefine "wired connection 1" the setting "connect to
this network when available", but then maybe it will not connect to
anyone. [...] Confirmed, then I get "no connection". I may try to set
both as default, see which one gets it... [...] Well, it was the
"Fixed" one.

I also have multiple configurations available, but only have DHCP and
WiFi configured to automatically connect.  The only time I use the
manual configurations is when I have a specific need for it.  If you
have multiple automatic connect configurations, how is the desired one
supposed to be selected?  On my computer, if I need something beyond
DHCP, I manually select it.  BTW, on my home network, I use DHCP for
most devices, but have the DHCP server configured to map a specific IP
address to a MAC address.  Only my main desktop system and
firewall/router have static addresses.

Of course, I also run IPv6 at home, so IPv4 addresses are generally
irrelevant.