Re: [opensuse] Network manager does not restore same connection
On 2018-06-23 18:19, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On return from hibernation, Network Manager doesn't restore the same
connection that was active.

I have two eth network configurations: one automatic, which is the
default one, and one fixed, in which I define the address and other
things. I'm using "Fixed", but if I hibernate and restore I get "wired
connection 1", ie dhcp.

How does NetworkManager chose a network connection? is there a default?
I.e. is the default to pick a wireless for instance?

Not that I know. There is "use this connection if available", and I
guess it checks them alphabetically, unless there is some numerical
order inside.

What happens if two connections, as is my case now, have that bit
enabled? So far it is reusing the same connection because it is available.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.