Re: [opensuse] yast2 over ssh
On 2018-06-23 07:27, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
22.06.2018 20:15, Carlos E. R. пишет:

Finally I managed to update my test TW system, and I can reproduce the issue.

I did "ssh -X root@machine" from 42.3 XFCE to TW. Then I started "yast -qt"
and got an empty window that did not respond, I have to forcibly close it.

Tumbleweed:~ # yast --qt
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
No XVisualInfo for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options
QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1,
greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize
-1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SwapBehavior(SingleBuffer),
swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::ColorSpace(DefaultColorSpace),
profile QSurfaceFormat::OpenGLContextProfile(NoProfile))
Falling back to using screens root_visual.
QXcbShmImage: xcb_shm_create_segment() failed for size 1420440

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-06/msg00078.html

Looks more like finger pointing to me (i.e. - it worked in the past in
Qt, then stopped, then Qt claim it is Xserver fault. Go figure).

Well, remember I had to kill the window, it was empty. I clicked on its
'X', the 42.3 host Xserver said it was not responding, do I kill it? I
said yes, obviously, then got those messages about the Xserver server dying.

Anyway, ssh is obviously not the only way to forward sockets from remote
to local system, so patch to Xserver which checks for process name looks
ridiculous.

The X11 connection broke (error 1). Did the X11 server die?
Tumbleweed:~ #

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.