Re: [opensuse] Re: Can't make Libre Office Base work
On 2018-06-22 18:30, Andrew Colvin wrote:
On 2018-06-22 12:50, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying again LO Base against an existing database in MySQL. Things
have improved, but not enough to make it work.

I look around menus in LOB and I find in tools "Relations". Wonderful! I
simply need to define the relationships between the several tables. In
less than a minute I define the first one, in the familiar method I used
in Windows decades ago and that Rekall also used:

<http://paste.opensuse.org/65162073>

This is how it is supposed to work, but it doesn't:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lybleU8sfZg>

Notice it is dated 2014. Why doesn't work for me?

I am also unable to get base to work correctly with mysql. I get errors
around ill formed foreign key constraints. When some do work they do not
create the foreign key in the database.

Have you looked at kexi to see if it will do what you need?

Years ago, and then no.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.