Re: [opensuse] yast2 over ssh
* Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx> [06-22-18 05:55]:
Simon Becherer wrote:

Hi , per,

Unfortunately I only have one TW system around, so I cannot test -X-ing
between those. But from TW to Leap 42.3 it does work w/o errors, too.
Both with direct logins (ssh root@) and the method you use ( ssh
user@; su).

simon@becherer1:~> ssh -X becherer1

could you test to ssh your single machine from itself?
this also did not work heren

Ah, smart :D
Yes, indeed exactly the same symptom. The window frame opens, but only
contains the previous background, no content displayed (no error messages
either anywhere).

Likely an qt issue? I can start a normal X application like xterm or xv, but
qt stuff like yast2 or dolphin fail.

I observe the same, empty window outline with no err msg.