Re: [opensuse] No packages found matching your search. - need rekall equivalent.
On 2018-06-21 22:30, Steve Susbauer wrote:
I go to <https://software.opensuse.org/>, type "rekall", find nothing
(settings say 42.3).

Why does the search fail?

There have been a few reports that the Settings are not functioning
correctly. A search with All brings up this page
https://software.opensuse.org/package/rekall

It does not appear there is a build for 15.0.

That is very unfortunate for me. There is no application that works
similarly to rekall at all in Linux (there is in Windows).

It is a database client app that works similarly to the windows office
database app, I forgot the name, base? using mysql or postgress as backend.

Table Books
main index
name
author
Genre
end

Table Authors
main index
name
end

Table Genres
main index
name
end

In Books Table, Author is linked to the Authors table, so that it stores
a number but displays names, limiting the choices to only those in the
Authors table. Similarly, Genre is linked to the Genres table, so that
it stores a number but displays strings.

And this was designed years ago graphically, no code writing at all.

I have been unable to make this work in Libre Office base, it displays
the numbers. I can use views, but then I can not write entries.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.