Re: [opensuse] My SuSEfirewall2 is blocking things I want to allow, and I can't
On 2018-06-21 15:26, Simon Becherer wrote:
Hi carlos,

did i understand correct,
the client stopped respond, if it connect to a computer firewalld
is installed? if so then:

No, both client and server are working fine.

take a look at my mails in opensuse-support

"Re: [opensuse-support] firewalld nfs libreoffice"

you have to assign fixed ports for nfs (server-stuff)
its easy to do with the script mentoned there.
it will also create a new firewalld-entry for you
with the fixed ports to open.

install firewalld-rpcbind-helper.rpm

and run it, there are also examples there,
and if you like, make a bugreport, the examples use
for the name of the script not "firewall-rpc-helper.py".
(but they should)

I remember that thread, but I use nfs4, not affected. And the client
machine is using Leap 42.3, so not firewalld.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.