Re: [opensuse] access certificate on firefox
On 21.06.2018 12:58, Dave Howorth wrote:
How do I access a certificate on firefox?
(FF52.8 on Leap 42.3)

I'm trying to open my electricity supplier's website and FF says

energyco.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
*.azurewebsites.net, *.scm.azurewebsites.net, *.azure-mobile.net,
*.scm.azure-mobile.net, *.sso.azurewebsites.net

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

but I can't find out how to actually inspect the certificate to see
what FF is complaining about.

chromium by contrast opens the website and shows me a certificate that
looks sensible. I want to understand whether it has been fooled or ff
is borked.

Hi Dave,

does Firefox also present you a button labeled "Add Exception..."? If
yes, then clicking that button should show a dialog which allows to view
the certificate (and then permanently or for the session grant an
exception for this certificate).

What I've noticed: going to http://energyco.co.uk (the insecure way),
shows me a "this domain is for sale" page. So in case the above is not a
typo, it seems like it's not your energy provider that owns the domain
now...

/Andreas

--
Cahn's Axiom:
When all else fails, read the instructions.