Re: [opensuse] access certificate on firefox
* Dave Howorth <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-21-18 07:00]:
How do I access a certificate on firefox?
(FF52.8 on Leap 42.3)

I'm trying to open my electricity supplier's website and FF says

energyco.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
*.azurewebsites.net, *.scm.azurewebsites.net, *.azure-mobile.net,
*.scm.azure-mobile.net, *.sso.azurewebsites.net

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

but I can't find out how to actually inspect the certificate to see
what FF is complaining about.

firefox stores configurations and other below ~/.mozilla

certificates are in berkley db files called cert#.db, as cert8.db

chromium by contrast opens the website and shows me a certificate that
looks sensible. I want to understand whether it has been fooled or ff
is borked.

what has chromium to do with looking for firefox files? confusion?

ps: first google search for "firefox certificates" yields as the very
first site: "How do I check my certificates on Firefox?"

wonder if that might help.

ps2: going to firefox help menu, then searching for "check certificates"
yields: Found 1806 results for check certificates for Firefox

but then firefox was installed on an opensuse system so must be something
that was opensuse specific, I guess.