Re: [opensuse] Amazing: touch screen just works :-)
On 2018-06-20 15:18, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 18/06/18 01:08 PM, John Andersen wrote:
On 06/18/2018 04:28 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Ok, pressing buttons in a tiny screen with fingers is not sufficiently

Buy a stylus. It works for me on a small screen device, easier than carrying
around
a mouse.

Well there is that.But come the keyboard, my thumbs are much bigger than the
on-screen keys and composing email with a mouse and on-screen keyboard is
pretty
awkward.

I'd just use the included touchpad, I'm already used to the things and
they are precise.

The styluses seem to come in two classes but both are more precise than any of
my digits. Never the less, it still discourages the TL;DR email on a portable
device.

Some bargain classy styluses on eBay :-)

I bought one a few years back to use on my phone, but I never got used
to it. Two, actually, one thinner "finger" than the other.

The thing required a soft rubber rounded point, rather than a conductive
felt point as common on previous years, which were very precise when
they worked. Try to sign a form with the new type.

I just de-hibernated the machine for checking, and the screensaver does
not popup a keyboard. So yes, gdm has one but other things don't. Good
thing this little machine is a laptop and not a tablet.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.