[opensuse] Re: LDAP server on Leap 15.0/TW
Hi again,

Am 06.06.2018 um 23:19 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:

I just noticed - while preparing a Leap 15.0 server to replace an old one - that YaST2 "auth-server" now configures and uses 389ds as LDAP service.
There is probably nothing wrong with it but some things really surprised me:

- https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/security/single-html/book.security/index.html#sec.security.auth.yast reports itself as being valid for Leap 15.0 but it does not match at all what I'm seeing and describes openldap
- the release notes have nothing about that fact

and by far what surprised me most:
389ds is only available as a very basic package in the repos. There is none of the management/admin packages available?

This really looks quite incomplete. What did I miss?

I'm still searching around for additional information and failed so far.
Now also (sorry for) crossposting but I feel opensuse-support@ is probably small in footprint.

Thanks,
Wolfgang