Re: [opensuse] zypper/yast vs. other package managers
Zypper al/rl is simple.

When I try to lock in Debian (Buster), I don't remember the secret, and can't
get Google to find me instructions how, e.g.:

"lock debian prevent unwanted packages from being installed -ubuntu" returns
nothing on first page resembling package locking. I want to purge
xserver-xorg-video-radeon and use the server's modesetting driver, and it wants
to add a bunch of other video drivers, including amdgpu, vesa & fbdev, none of
which I wish used or wasting disk space or bandwidth. If I try to hold one of
those drivers, then another, it unholds the first, leaving total hold count at
one package. If I try to set all the holds in one command, it succeeds, then
proceeds to install the held packages anyway when I try to purge radeon.

Zypper is king of package managers, bar none.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/