Re: [opensuse] zypper/yast vs. other package managers
Liam Proven composed on 2018-06-18 13:59 (UTC+0200):

Felix Miata wrote:

[Debian Stretch & Buster]

Whoah. Hang on a minute there.

I'm talking about Ubuntu and Ubuntu's ``apt'' command. You're using a
different distro. I don't use Debian myself and I don't know how far
behind its ``apt'' command is, so I can't comment on that at all.

Debian is the foundation on which *buntus are based. I would be shocked to find
the closest equivalent releases had any differences in apt behavior. I could
have referred to Xenial, but Stretch is over a year newer, Buster not even a
release yet, and I've yet to find a compelling reason to install Bionic.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/