Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to start video playing on another computer?
On 2018-06-18 14:11, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-06-18 14:00, Knurpht@openSUSE wrote:

KDEconnect does what you want ( i.e. sync clipboard between devices/machines
), but I've never tried it in Xfce or GNOME, but my gut idea is that it
should
work. Another option is to have Kodi+Youtube app on the media-server ( which
you may already have, and configure Kodi to allow access through it's
webinterface ). That does the trick for me too.

I'm using Kodi already there, so that could be it.

sync clipboard seems interesting, though, just the thing I do
transferring a file instead. But I don't use kde.

I found a quick and dirty way:

1) in the desktop, I open in a terminal an ssh session to the media
center, and edit a file there with the link.

2) in the media server, in firefox I open that file
(file:///home/user/paste.txt). Select, copy and paste to a new tab, done.

3) If I edit again the file, in firefox I just reload the page to see it.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.