[opensuse] Is it possible to start video playing on another computer?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 13:09:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hi.

So I'm reading email in my desktop and a post arrives "see this interesting youtube video". I start viewing it, and decide that I want to watch it on my "media server", another openSUSE machine that I use as media server.

How can I launch the youtube there? I need to transfer the URL.

Sometimes I just type the boring sequence of letters in the youtube search box.

I can of course write the URL in a file and copy it over with scp.

Any chance of doing things the android or windows way of swiping the finger on the screen and sending the video flying to the waiting media server machine, but with openSUSE instead? :-)

It's ok if I don't get to the finger thing, just some command... :-)

- -- Cheers

Carlos E. R.