Re: [opensuse] Black display on media server
On 2018-06-18 12:39, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-06-18 04:55, Felix Miata wrote:

This morning the thing awoke just fine. I have meanwhile updated
packages (including a kernel update) and will reboot shortly. I have
applied changes to 50-monitor.conf.

Just rebooted the machine.

I see nothing in BIOS power menu regarding DPMS. There are only two
entries: one that after power loss it will restore to last state, and
the other that "Deep S5" is enabled. But the machine itself is running
all the time, the daemons are doing their jobs non stop. It is only the
display that goes funky the morning after kodi crashes - so it might be
related to kodi leaving the display in some funky mode when it does not
exit properly.

A solution to this would be placing kodi in a script that restarts it
automatically - but sometimes kodi crashes nonstop, so I hesitate. And
worst, yesterday night it caused a related daemon to crash continuously,
and this one is set to autorestart. So both would have been restarting
and perhaps dumping cores ad infinitum last night had I kodi on
autorestart, too.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.