Re: [opensuse] Black display on media server
On 2018-06-18 04:55, Felix Miata wrote:

Felix Miata wrote:

Does Xorg.0.log say anything useful about display power? Journal? Which
gfxchip?
Which Xorg driver?

Detailed hardware info is in the first post of the thread.

Xorg log:
<http://susepaste.org/877831>

You could try the other Xorg driver (modesetting, integral to the Xorg server,
the usual default if xf86-video-intel is not installed, and preferable to it
with some Intel gfx). I'm typing this on 42.3 on modesetting on Haswell, the
generation before your Braswell.

I'll leave that for a last resource :-)

This morning the thing awoke just fine. I have meanwhile updated
packages (including a kernel update) and will reboot shortly. I have
applied changes to 50-monitor.conf.

Nothing shows in the journal about display power around 1337508.841?

And what time is that? Because it might be some relative time to when
xorg was started weeks ago.

Log says you're connected on HDMI3. You might try a different cable, or a HDMI
to DVI cable.

Yes, I saw that. Could be when I changed the cable on the monitor from
HDMI1 to 2 and back. The computer itself only has one HDMI socket. So no
HDMI3 anywhere.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.