Re: [opensuse] Re: opensuse mailing list site ridiculousness (TLS on Repositories)
On 06/16/2018 09:45 PM, L A Walsh wrote:

You may think I'm talking "off topic"...but I'm not.  There's
no reason for such security on a public web-copy of a email list,
nor a distro-download site (that does have other methods of
guaranteeing integrity).

I once experienced a Tippingpoint IPS device that generated a false-positive
on one of openSUSE's repos.  The IPS would interrupt the download and
abort the TCP session.  I didn't have administrative access to the IPS and so
couldn't see exactly what it was tripping on and couldn't disable the
filter.  We just lived without updates until the false-positive was itself
updated away.  The IPS did deep-packet inspection only on http, it
wasn't a MITM decrypter

Regards,
Lew