Re: [opensuse] Limiting the battery charge on a laptop permanently plugged on
On 17/06/18 06:36 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I got a small and light Lenovo laptop for travelling. Looking at the
native Windows, one of the manufacturer options is to limit the battery
charge to 55..60% while the charger is plugged, because this will increase
the battery life.

That doesn't make sense to me.
It means you can never fully charge your battery using the charger, so what's
the point of the charger?

And if you can never fully charge you battery what's the point of having a
portable device like the laptop if you can't get a full battery charge lifetime
when mobile?

The shortened battery lifetimes I've had with my laptops have been doe to
overheating; variously:

- cat hair gumming up the fans
- inadequate air flow underneath the laptop because the little spacer
'dots' that act like 'legs' fell off and it sat flat on the desk
- inadequate air flow underneath the laptop because it was on a soft surface