Re: [opensuse] Re: opensuse mailing list site ridiculousness
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 11:57:44 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2018-06-17 11:01, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2018-06-17 06:45, L A Walsh wrote:

Thank-you google for making the need for decryption a standard
such that even I go through the trouble so I can continue to cache
traffic.

Ah, caches stop working. Good point.

Not entirely, I think squid has been doing some work:
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslBump

It is an interesting point, isn't?

We use https to be secure when talking to the bank, yet it is possibly
to put a proxy server that deciphers the traffic and provides a cache.

AFAICT, the user is warned about a possible man-in-the-middle attack.
The article is quite clear about it.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.1°C)