Re: [opensuse] Re: opensuse mailing list site ridiculousness
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 10:55:53 +0200
Steven Susbauer wrote:

On 06/16/2018 09:45 PM, L A Walsh wrote:
I've not encountered any such broken browsers -- vs. if you send
DATA to them (i.e. submit text to them), then I've seen warnings that
your
text is not encrypted.  That's very different from pure "browsing".

I believe marking all http sites as insecure is soon to be the default
behavior in both Firefox and Chrome,

Not being secured with https != being insecure.

https is king now that it is easy
for every site to obtain a certificate.

Which is still no reason to force https on people. By all means offer
an enceypted connection for your site, but only force the redirect if
you have good reason to.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.4°C)