Re: [opensuse] Re: opensuse mailing list site ridiculousness
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 10:52:59 +0200
L A Walsh wrote:

Knurpht@openSUSE wrote:
So tell me why everyone is kissing google's behind
again?
Linda, please read Per's reply and the first bit of the thread. This
isn't about Google, or whatever, it's about someone with a 13.1
install complaining about websites not working ( browser outdated ),
and that lists.opensuse.org could very well do without SSL ( to keep
working with an outdated browser ).

One of the reasons that SSL is forced on most websites is that
without this it would cause that Google ( most used, whether we like
it or not ) and other search engines wouldn't index the site.
---
One of the reasons I point this out is that I don't believe it
and it's not true.

I agree. Google is encouraging/promoting encryption:

https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2014/08/https-as-ranking-signal.html

Plus, EU governments acticvely teach
their citizens *not* to trust http:// sites.
---
I've never heard that. Do you have a source for it?

I haven't heard that one either.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.2°C)