Re: [opensuse] Re: opensuse mailing list site ridiculousness
On 06/16/2018 09:45 PM, L A Walsh wrote:
I've not encountered any such broken browsers -- vs. if you send
DATA to them (i.e. submit text to them), then I've seen warnings that
your
text is not encrypted.  That's very different from pure "browsing".
I believe marking all http sites as insecure is soon to be the default
behavior in both Firefox and Chrome, https is king now that it is easy
for every site to obtain a certificate. Why encrypt a public mailing
list? Because perhaps the users of the list would prefer their
government or ISP doesn't see what messages they are reading and
interacting with, even if they do happen to know the domain. I see
little reason to break enhanced security and privacy protections for
side cases and users with ridiculously outdated software, but if a
person chooses to break encryption to enable caching in their own
environment that is their prerogative (and many businesses do the same
for SSL inspection).