Re: [opensuse] zypper/yast vs. other package managers (was: Philosophical question?)
On 2018-06-16 06:55, Rodney Baker wrote:

Apt also has another huge advantage when one is managing multiple systems
that
don't have direct access to the internet - apt-cacher. This allows me to have
only one machine that has permissions to get to the internet, and it proxies
and caches requests for clients on the internal network (without needing to
maintain a local repository mirror). Even better - apt-cacher-ng now caches
for zypper/yum as well, so I can now use my Pine64 running debian (at home)
or
the debian VM (at work) to proxy and cache updates for both openSuSE and
debian/raspbian clients.

That's a feature that I have missed on openSUSE for ages. Seems nobody
wants to create it.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.