Re: [opensuse] Re: opensuse mailing list site ridiculousness
On 2018-06-16 08:23, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Le 16/06/2018 à 02:44, Knurpht@openSUSE a écrit :

One of the reasons that SSL is forced on most websites is that without
this it

I follow this thread, but only partially, so I may have missed
something, but I see some words about "encryption". The web site do not
have to be encrypted, only accessed through ssl/tls or such, that is
only the link between user and server have to be protected ssh like, and
my own site is not and works well (see signature)

Well, yes, it is about encryption of the transport so that the bad guys
can not intercept us when reading the ancient opensuse mail list archive
:-)

It is also about us knowing that when we click on the openSUSE mail list
archive we don't get some terrorist site feeding us subtly faked mails
with perverted Linux advice that subvert our Linux computer into
terrorist nodes >:-P

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.