Re: [opensuse] Re: opensuse mailing list site ridiculousness
On 2018-06-16 01:41, L A Walsh wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-06-16 00:29, Felix Miata wrote:

Felix Miata wrote:
I don't get it either. Scripts and pictures aren't necessary parts
of viewing
archived mailing list posts.
Per has explained the real reason why old browsers are not supported
and
encryption is enforced.
"Older TLS versions have long been deprecated and now disabled" is an
oversimplification that doesn't explain why everyone must only use
modern bloated browsers to read static pages:

You missed what he said about google ;-)

Google wants encryption. Google will not index plain sites.
---
    So if everyone uses plain text on their web
sites, then google won't index anything?  That sounds a bit
absurd.  Do you have a source for that -- that using
plaintext will keep your site from appearing in google?

At least you get lower priority. No, I don't have a source, I'm not a
web admin. But I have heard of it more than once, the last time here in
this thread.

    That just seems too simple of a way to keep google out of anything.

:-)

What anybody elses think about it being absurd to
encode text that is static and freely available is irrelevant :-P
---
    If many people are concerned about google & privacy,
it seems like a great way to keep google out.

But the thing is, we do want our web to be indexed and articles to be
found. I heard that the mail archive search wasn't working right, so
google indexing it is a possibility.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.