[opensuse] Re: opensuse mailing list site ridiculousness
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-06-16 00:29, Felix Miata wrote:

Felix Miata wrote:
I don't get it either. Scripts and pictures aren't necessary parts of viewing
archived mailing list posts.
Per has explained the real reason why old browsers are not supported and
encryption is enforced.
"Older TLS versions have long been deprecated and now disabled" is an
oversimplification that doesn't explain why everyone must only use modern
bloated browsers to read static pages:

You missed what he said about google ;-)

Google wants encryption. Google will not index plain sites.
---
So if everyone uses plain text on their web
sites, then google won't index anything? That sounds a bit
absurd. Do you have a source for that -- that using
plaintext will keep your site from appearing in google?

That just seems too simple of a way to keep google out of anything.

What anybody elses think about it being absurd to
encode text that is static and freely available is irrelevant :-P
---
If many people are concerned about google & privacy,
it seems like a great way to keep google out.

The only thing I noticed was that it became
impossible to cache things and every call to anything had to go
out live. I added my own roots @ home and installed them in
the client machines, so squid could start caching again.

My housemate's browsing on youtube went from
about 15-20 seconds/page to about 1 second/page. He was very
happy.

So tell me why everyone is kissing google's behind
again?